Special Occasion Overview:
- Experienced and Supremely Talented Duo.
- Beautiful Female Vocals With Classical Guitar.
- Ideal Act for Aisle / Ceremony / Afternoon / Reception.
- Performed at Royal Albert Hall & BBC Radio.
- First Dance Request As Standard.
- Powerful & Fully PAT Tested PA System.
- Bookable From £450+.
Special Occasion are a duo of highly-trained wedding musicians in London, offering a luscious blend of classical and jazz, whilst approaching popular songs.
Special Occasion ertainly deliver what their name promises, matching two industry-leading and unique musicians to give any event a performance of the highest quality. Having graduated in the company of names such as Newton Faulkner, Leona Lewis and Alexandra Burke, effortless classical guitar licks and stunning female vocals guarantee a special musical experience.
Click here to listen to more tracks by Special Occasion:
As a Wedding Band:
For intimate aisle and ceremony music, the pitch-perfect vocals from Dilys and Adam’s jazz-trained guitar skills mean that the most romantic of moments is soundtracked to perfection. For a live-lounge feel during afternoon drinks, Special Occasion’s mix of classic and contemporary covers will keep wedding guests entertained, and their varied setlist means that evening parties will keep the dance floor full.
The group provides its own powerful PA system (fully PAT-tested and with Public Liability Insurance) that is big enough for any venue up to a capacity of 1000, which can be used indoors and is also perfect for outdoor venues (though outdoor performances will require some adequate form of shelter in case of adverse weather to protect equipment).
“Brilliant, as musicians a fabulous voice and great guitarist. Song choices were perfect. Everyone at the party raved about how good they were. We, unfortunately for them, sang along quite a lot, and the dance floor was full for the duration. I would recommend them to anyone who wants a talented and professional duo.” – Colette O’Donell
Special Occasion do not simply work their way through acoustic standards; they enjoy surprising guests with their ability to transform unexpected tracks into unplugged gems. Their set moves effortlessly between genres and through the decades, taking in soulful ballads, contemporary dance floor hits and more. With classics such as “Let’s Get It On” by Marvin Gaye alongside unique covers of “Nothing Else Matters” by Metallica and “Jolene” by Dolly Parton, Special Occasion promise to keep you guessing and dancing in equal measure. For more examples of the songs at their disposal, see the full repertoire below.
Special Occasion – Full Repertoire
- Ain’t Nobody (Chaka Khan)
- Ain’t No Sunshine (Bill Withers)
- All Of Me (John Legend)
- At Last (Etta James)
- Crazy (Gnarls Barkley)
- Fast Car (Tracy Chapman)
- Feeling Good (Nina Simone)
- Fly Me To The Moon (Frank Sinatra)
- Get Lucky (Daft Punk Feat. Pharrell Williams)
- Grenade (Bruno Mars)
- Hallelujah (Jeff Buckley)
- How Long Will I Love You (Ellie Goulding)
- I Can’t Make You Love Me (Bonnie Rait)
- I Heard It Through The Grapevine (Marvin Gaye)
- I Hope You Dance (Leanne Womack)
- Is This Love (Bob Marley)
- Jolene (Dolly Parton)
- Kissing You (Des’ree)
- L.O.V.E (Nat King Cole)
- Lean On Me (Bill Withers)
- Let There Be Love (Nat King Cole)
- Let’s Get It On (Marvin Gaye)
- Let’s Stay Together (Al Green)
- Make You Feel My Love (Adele)
- Man In The Mirror / Human Nature / Liberian Girl (Michael Jackson Medley)
- Midnight Train to Georgia (Gladys Knight & The Pips)
- My Girl (The Temptations)
- Never Too Much (Luther Vandross)
- No Woman No Cry (Bob Marley)
- Nothing Else Matters (Metallica)
- Numb (Linkin Park)
- People Get Ready (Curtis Mayfield)
- Poison (Alice Cooper)
- Put Your Records On (Corinne Bailey Rae)
- Rolling In The Deep (Adele)
- Save Tonight (Eagle Eye Cherry)
- Sea Of Heartbreak (Jonny Cash)
- Sitting on the Dock Of A Bay (Otis Redding)
- Skyfall (Adele)
- Someone Like You (Adele)
- Something Inside So Strong (Labi Siffre)
- Somewhere Over The Rainbow (Eva Cassidy)
- Songbird (Eva Cassidy)
- Stand By Me (Ben E. King)
- Superstition (Stevie Wonder)
- Thinking Out Loud (Ed Sheeran)
- Valerie (Amy Winehouse)
- What A Wonderful World (Louis Armstrong)
- Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow (Amy Winehouse)
- Wonderful Tonight (Eric Clapton)
- Your Song (Elton John)
“Thank you for making the day amazing! Everyone has been telling us how amazing you two were, your voice and Adam’s guitar playing are both phenomenal. There were even some singers and guitarists in the crowd so they know what they’re talking about.” – Graham Ranson
If you’ve been looking for the perfect-fit wedding musicians in London, then look no further! Special Occasion can be booked to play at your wedding from £450+, enquire for tailor made quote for your wedding date by filling out the contact form below.