New York Brass Bands Overview:
- Full sized brass band of seasoned pro’s.
- Powerhouse 7 piece band.
- Available in smaller sizes, acoustically or amplified.
- Can perform at ceremony / dinner / reception.
- First dance song learnt as standard.
- PA system suitable for large audiences.
- DJ set available between band sets.
- Bookable from £1800+.
Describing themselves as “the festival band that will play your wedding!”, New York Brass Band are a fantastic contemporary New Orleans style jazz band for hire, who’ve been stunning audiences with their energetic performances since 2011. Their arrangement of trumpets, trombones, saxophone, sousaphone and drums provides a powerful and pulse-raising sound, whilst also being able to break down into smaller sized groups if required. The band has the option of playing acoustically, so they can move around freely, interacting with guests, or even enter the venue playing their first song as a surprise!
When live music sounds as good as New York Brass Band, it’s no wonder people take notice. The Guardian have described them as “a must see genre-splitting band”, and Liam Gallagher of Oasis has described the band as having a “great sound”. The band have also been praised by newlywed couples for the way in which their performance “took total control of the night and made our day”.
Click here to listen to more tracks by New York Brass Band:
As a Wedding Band:
New York Brass band are able to perform at your wedding during the ceremony, at the dinner / afternoon, and in the evening / reception. The band can perform in various different sizes from a trumpet fanfare to a jazz quartet, or even the full size 7 piece band and play a range of music that is certain to get everyone dancing. One way in which New York Brass Band are very unique, is their ability to play on the move, or even surprise the audience by walking in playing their first song. Sometimes the best use of this ability can be when the band crash the party by parading in as the first dance song is drawing to a close, bringing everyone onto the dance floor with them. These sorts of additions are achieved due the band being able to play acoustically, however, they can also be amplified, making them suitable for larger events too.
The band will learn your first dance song as standard and are also able to learn additional songs as an optional extra. The band has their own PA system suitable for audiences of up to 300 people and are happy for this to be used with an iPod or similar for music during the bands breaks. The band can also offer a DJ set for before or after the bands performance. Generally the band will play 2 x 50 minute sets, however this can be altered as you make arrangements with the band.
“You manage to get my grumpy dad who never dances on the dance floor as well as my 75 year-old mother-in-law who I’ve never seen dance before! My sister didn’t leave the dance floor once while you guys were playing. We had a ball, thank you so much!“
New York Brass Band have a very unique blend of styles, giving them an edge that you probably haven’t seen before. Their mix of popular party songs are played in the bands own individual style, meaning you’ll be hearing incredibly groovy versions of all your favourites like never before. On top of this the band also play a variety of traditional New Orleans style Jazz arrangements – really giving the party that authentic Mardi Gras feel.
Some of the popular party songs in their repertoire include Get Lucky (Daft Punk), Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This (Eurythmics), Party Rock Anthem (LMFAO), and All You Need Is Love (The Beatles). Some of the more traditional jazzy tunes offered in the bands repertoire include Wack Wack (Buddy Rich) and Caravan (Duke Ellington).
See New York Brass Band’s full repertoire by clicking on the genre headings below:
- 3 Little Birds (Bob Marley)
- 7 Nation Army (White Stripes)
- 9 to 5 (Dolly Parton)
- 99 Red Balloons (Madness)
- Ain’t Nobody (Chaka Khan)
- All You Need Is Love (The Beatles)
- Bad Romance (Lady Gaga)
- Call Me Al (Paul Simon)
- Can’t Take My Eyes Off You (Franke Valli)
- Celebration (Kool & the Gang)
- Come Together (The Beatles)
- Crosstown Traffic (Jimi Hendrix)
- Don’t You Want Me Baby (Human League)
- Easy (Lionel Richie)
- Faith (George Michael)
- Forget You (Ce-lo Green)
- Geno (Dexy’s Midnight Runners)
- Get Down with the Trumpets (Rizzle Kicks)
- Get Lucky (Daft Punk)
- Ghost Town (The Specials)
- Happy (Pharrell Williams)
- Happy Together (The Turtles)
- I Want You Back (Jackson 5)
- It Must Be Love (Madness)
- Kiss (Tom Jones)
- Let’s Groove Tonight (Earth, Wind and Fire)
- Masterblaster (Stevie Wonder)
- Never Gonna Give You Up (Rick Astley)
- New York (Alicia Keys)
- Occupation (The Skatalites)
- Party Rock Anthem (LMFAO)
- Push It (Salt ‘n Pepa)
- Rudy (The Specials)
- September (Earth, Wind & Fire)
- Sexual Healin (Marvin Gaye)
- Shake A Tail Feather (Ray Charles/Blues Brothers)
- Soul Limbo (Booker T and the MG’s)
- Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This (Eurythmics)
- Take On Me (A-ha)
- Tell Me I’m Not Dreaming (Jermaine Jackson)
- Treasure (Bruno Mars)
- Uptown Funk (Pharrell Williams)
- Walking On Sunshine (Katrina and the Waves)
- Word Up (Cameo)
- You Got The Love (Candi Staton)
- Mardi Gras in New Orleans (Traditional New Orleans)
- AP Turead (Traditional New Orleans)
- I’ll Fly Away (Traditional New Orleans)
- I Feel Like Funkin It Up (Traditional New Orleans)
- Ain’t Nothin’ But A Party (Dirty Dozen Brass Band)
- Do Whatcha Wanna (Rebirth Brass Band)
- Wind It Up (Stooges Brass Band)
- Out of the Red and Into the Black (Youngblood Brass Band)
- Brooklyn (Youngblood Brass Band)
- Lando (NOBS Brass Band)
- Caravan (Duke Ellington)
- Miserlou (Trad)
- Wack Wack (Buddy Rich)
- Strasbourg St Denis (Roy Hargrove)
- Mercy Mercy Mercy (Joe Zawinul)
- Highlife African Wedding Song (NYBB)
- The Wedding (Abdullah Ibrahim)
- Better Get Hit In Your Soul (Charlie Mingus)
- The Old Rugged Cross (Tradional New Orleans)
“Thank you so much. Pretty much every single person at the wedding came up to me after and said how amazing you guys were. It was fabulous!“
New York Brass Band can be booked to play at your wedding from £1800+, enquire for a tailor made quote for your wedding date by filling out the contact form below.