Love Shovel Overview:
- Experienced & Versatile 5 Piece Funk/Pop Band.
- Can also perform as an Acoustic Duo, Instrumental Jazz Trio
- Love Shovel can even expand up to a 10 piece band.
- Can Perform At Ceremony / Afternoon / Reception.
- Free First Dance Request As Standard.
- Powerful PA System for suitable large venues.
- Free use of PA offered for phone/iPod playlists.
- Option of after show Laptop DJ hire.
- Bookable From: £1550+.
Love Shovel are ready to bring the soul to your party and get your guests in the mood to dance all night long. A professional, funk-soul wedding-band with over 10 years of experience, Love Shovel play the hits from ’66 to 2016 in their fresh, unique and polished style. The band are typically a 5 piece made up of Vocals, Guitar, Keys, Drums and Sax; but can also perform as an acoustic duo, piano and vocals, instrumental jazz trio or quartet as desired. The band can even be expanded into a full 10 piece outfit, giving an even more dynamic and energised performance with some of the UK’s most talented wedding band musicians.
Love Shovel’s reputation as an exciting, dynamic and hard-working band has allowed them to perform at numerous weddings, high-end corporate functions, sporting events and parties – giving performances that have been “terrific in all respects” (Mike & Laura Newborn) and “fantastic and completley outshone our expectations” (Simon & Kate Fisher), “[they] knew how to bring the best out of our guests on the dance-floor” (Dale & Selma). All members of the band are succesful musicians in their own right and between them have performed and recorded with global music stars including Boney M, Jamiroquai, Nick Heyward, Faithless, Paulo Nutini, De La Soul, Scroobius Pip, Belinda Carlise, T’Pau to name a few.
As a Wedding Band:
Love Shovel are a versatile wedding band, able to provide music during the ceremony, afternoon as well as upbeat evening entertainment to ensure that your guests can celebrate with you in style. To ensure a sensational start to your reception Love Shovel can learn your first song request as standard, arrange in their own original style to give you something truly unique and memorable.
With their extensive repertoire of classic hits you can work with the band to shape your perfect wedding entertainment set, delivered with oodles of passion and musicianship enabling your guests to dance the night away.
Love Shovel come equipped with a powerful PA system, suitable for small to medium size venues up to 400 capacity and can provide numerous options for music after their set including a professional DJ or a simple iPod/Laptop playlist of your choosing.
“I just wanted to let you guys know how good EVERYONE thought your band was at the wedding! You guys surpassed all expectations and we have received countless comments about how much they enjoyed the music. We will definitely recommend you guys! Thank you!” – Tom & Katie Girdler
Love Shovel’s repertoire includes the likes of I’m Coming Out (Diana Ross), I Want You Back (Jackson 5) and Signed Sealed Delivered (Stevie Wonder) as “Classics”, with Uptown Funk (Bruno Mars), Get Lucky (Daft Punk) and Moves Like Jagger (Maroon 5) as “Modern Classics” – all vibrantly performed by the band in a non-stop hit parade.
Working with the band you can select a setlist that draws from one or both of the two categories, giving you a night of wedding entertainment that your guests will never forget. You can view a more detailed repertoire by clicking on the genre headings below:
- A Night To Remember (Shalamar)
- Ain’t No Stopping Us Now (Macfadden & Whitehead)
- Ain’t Nobody (Chaka Khan)
- Blame It On The Boogie (The Jacksons)
- Car Wash (Rose Royce)
- Cut The Cake (Average White Band)
- Dancing In The Street (Martha Reeves & The Vandellas)
- Easy (The Commodores)
- Forget Me Nots (Patrice Rushen)
- Ghostbusters (Ray Parker Junior)
- Give It Up (KC And The Sunshine Band)
- Good Times (Chic)
- Got To Be Real (Cheryl Lynn)
- Heard It Through The Grape Vine (Marvin Gaye)
- Heat Wave (Martha Reeves & The Vandellas)
- I Want You Back (Jackson 5)
- I’m Coming Out (Diana Ross)
- I’m Every Woman (Chaka Khan)
- Jungle Boogie (Kool And The Gang)
- Kiss (Prince)
- La Freak (Chic)
- Lets Get It On (Marvin Gaye)
- Long Train Runnin’ (The Doobie Brothers)
- Lost In Music (Sister Sledge)
- Love Shack (The B52s)
- Lovely Day (Bill Withers)
- Midnight At The Oasis (Brand New Heavies)
- Mustang Sally (The Commitments)
- Never Too Much (Luther Vandross)
- Oh What A Night (Frankie Valli And The Four Seasons)
- Owner Of A Lonely Heart (Yes)
- Play That Funky Music (Wild Cherry)
- Power Of Love (Huey Lewis And The News)
- Respect (Aretha Franklin)
- Rock Steady (Aretha Franklin)
- Say A Little Prayer (Aretha Franklin)
- Signed Sealed Delivered (Stevie Wonder)
- Soul Man (Sam And Dave)
- Super Freak (Rick James)
- Superstition (Stevie Wonder)
- Upside Down (Diana Ross)
- We Are Family (Sister Sledge)
- Wishin’ On A Star (Rose Royce)
- Working Day And Night (Michael Jackson)
- American Boy (Estelle)
- Beggin (Madcon)
- Blurred Lines (Robin Thicke)
- California Girls (Katy Perry)
- Cosmic Girl (Jamiroquai)
- Crazy (Gnarls Barkly)
- Dance With Me (Dizzy Rascal)
- Domino (Jessie J)
- Feelings (Shy FX)
- Get Lucky (Daft Punk)
- Happy (Pharrell)
- It’s The Way (DJ Marky)
- Just Dance (Lady Gaga)
- La La La (Sam Smith)
- Locked Out Of Heaven (Bruno Mars)
- Moves Like Jagger (Maroon 5)
- Please Don’t Stop The Music (Rihanna)
- Price Tag (Jessie J)
- Rather Be (Clean Bandit)
- Show Me Love (Robin S)
- Sing It Back (Moloko)
- Treasure (Bruno Mars)
- Trouble (Taylor Swift)
- Uptown Funk (Bruno Mars)
- Valerie (Mark Ronson/Amy Winehouse)
- Waiting All Night (Rudimental)
- Will Smith Medley: Getting Jiggy With It, Wild Wild West, Fresh Prince (Will Smith)
“Love Shovel were absolutely brilliant on Saturday! They were very professional, arriving on time and setting up without being intrusive. Most importantly the music was great and they really made the party. It was just what we had hoped for and I cant compliment them enough. Also thanks to you and your organisation it was all very smooth and I’ve given out your details to a few mates who are throwing parties.” – Pete & Lou
Love Shovel can be booked to play at your wedding from £1550+, enquire for tailor made quote for your wedding date by filling out the contact form below.